viernes, 30 de octubre de 2015

Bathroom Makeovers | Resources on Remodeling and Renovation

More Details


Bathroom Makeovers | Resources on Remodeling and Renovation

 Local Bathroom Remodel Contractors | Design & Build Your Dream Home



 unsubscribe here








 go here to unsubscribe







I was dizzy with the bliss of the air and the light, and it seemed a small thing that he would not believe me. The wind sounded in my ears like a harp, and the sea beckoned. A white bird flashed down into the crystal hollow between two waves, hung there a second, then rose, a silver radiance against the blue. Suddenly I saw a river, dark and ridged beneath thunder- clouds, a boat, and in it, her head pillowed upon her arm, a wo- man, who pretended that she slept. With a shock my senses steadied, and I became myself again. The sea was but the sea, the wind the wind; in the hold below me lay my friend; some- where in that ship was my wife; and awaiting me in the state cabin were men who perhaps had the will, as they had the right and the might, to hang me at the yardarm that same hour. "I have had my fill of rest," I said. "Whom am I to stand before?" "The newly appointed officers of the Company, bound in this ship for Virginia," he answered. "The ship carries Sir Francis Wyatt, the new Governor; Master Davison, the Secretary; young Clayborne, the surveyor general; the knight marshal, the physician general, and the Treasurer, with other gentlemen, and with fair ladies, their wives and sisters. I am George Sandys, the Treasurer." The blood rushed to my face, for it hurt me that the brother of Sir Edwyn Sandys should believe that the firing of those guns had been my act. His was the trained observation of the traveler and writer, and he probably read the color aright. "I pity you, if I can no longer esteem you," he said, after a pause. "I know no sorrier sight than a brave man's shield reversed." I bit my lip and kept back the angry word. The next minute saw us at the door of the state cabin. It opened, and my com- panion entered, and I after him, with my two guards at my back. Around a large table were gathered a number of gentle- men, some seated, some standing. There were but two among them whom I had seen before,—the physician who had dressed my wound and my Lord Carnal. The latter was seated in a great chair, beside a gentleman with a pleasant active face and light brown curling hair,—the new Governor, as I guessed. The Treasurer, nodding to the two men to fall back to the window,




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario