sábado, 31 de octubre de 2015

Compare Foreclosure Home Listings

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here.

Get Details


Compare Foreclosure Home Listings

 Compare Foreclosure Home Listings



 unsubscribe here








 go here to unsubscribe







his voice. I was wearied and fordone and desperate… . So I met my husband, and so I married him. That same day I told him a part of my secret, and when my Lord Carnal was come I told him all… . I had not met with much true love or courtesy or compassion in my life. When I saw the danger in which he stood because of me, I told him he might free himself from that coil, might swear to what they pleased, whistle me off, save himself, and I would say no word of blame. There was wine upon the table, and he filled a cup and brought it to me, and we drank of it together. We drank of the same cup then, your Honor, and we will drink of it still. We twain were wedded, and the world strove to part us. Which of you here, in such quarrel, would not withstand the world? Lady Wyatt, would not thy hus- band hold thee, while he lived, against the world? Then speak for mine!" "Frank, Frank!" cried Lady Wyatt. "They love each other!" "If he withstood the King," went on the King's ward, "it was for his honor and for mine. If he fled from Virginia, it was be- cause I willed it so. Had he stayed, my Lord Carnal, and had you willed to follow me again, you must have made a yet longer journey to a most distant bourne. That wild night when we fled, why did you come upon us, my lord? The moon burst forth from a black cloud, and you stood there upon the wharf above us, calling to the footsteps behind to hasten. We would have left you there in safety, and gone ourselves alone down that stream as black and strange as death. Why did you spring down the steps and grapple with the minister? And he that might have thrust you beneath the flood and drowned you there did but fling you into the boat. We wished not your company, my lord; we would willingly have gone without you. I trust, my lord, you have made honest report of this matter, and have told these gentlemen that my husband gave you, a prisoner whom he wanted not, all fair and honorable treatment. That you have done this I dare take my oath, my lord"— She stood silent, her eyes upon his. The men around stirred, and a little flash like the glint of drawn steel went from one pair of eyes to another. "My lord, my lord!" said the King's ward. "Long ago you won my hatred; an you would not win my contempt, speak truth this




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario